This policy details what information we will collect and what we will do with that information. You may have to provide personal information in order to access and use our services.
Information We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Telephone number(s);
- Solicitor’s details;
We may also take information regarding any particular development, house type or plot you are interested in.
When you complete a reservation agreement we will ask some further questions. This is so we can process the agreement and gain a more accurate understanding of our customers’ exact requirements and preferences. This information may be stored electronically and in physical hard-copy.
Purpose of Collection
To satisfy our contractual obligations to you when you sign a reservation agreement it is necessary for us to have access to your personal information.
The purposes of the collection of personal information are the following:
- To establish a relationship with you;
- To deliver a product reserved by you;
- To deliver marketing information to you from us, where you have consented to this;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- To understand your needs and desires; and
- To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions.
As we are a ‘data controller’ we have taken all the necessary actions required to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended (the “DPA”) alongside any other UK data protection legislation. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
Under the DPA you may request details of personal information we hold about you. Please send such written requests to: FAO Data Controller, Alexander Fleming House, 8 Southfield Drive, Elgin, IV30 6GR. We will require reasonable evidence of your identity before we process such requests. In some situations we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information (i.e., if the information also pertains to the personal information of another user).
Any information provided by you can be removed at your request. If you believe any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at the above address. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your personal information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on the information we have collected and for what purpose.
We are committed to:
- Meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the DPA;
- Ensuring that data is collected and used in a fair and lawful way;
- Processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements;
- Taking the necessary steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate;
- Establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data;
- Ensuring that data subjects' rights can be appropriately exercised;
- Providing reasonable security measures to protect personal data;
- Ensuring that a nominated officer is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection enquiries and issues;
- Ensuring that all our employees are made aware of good practice in data protection;
- Providing adequate training for all our employees responsible for personal data;
- Ensuring that queries about data protection are dealt with effectively and promptly; and
- Holding regular reviews of our data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
Sharing with Third Parties
We will not sell or rent to outside parties the information we collect. However, sometimes we need to share the personal information we process with yourself, service providers and also occasionally, other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the DPA.
The situations where we may share your information are as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers – we have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of our website, with whom we may share the information we have collected. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ;
- Where Required By Law – we may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements;
- Statistical Analysis – we may share non-personal information and aggregated information with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes. No personal information will be shared in this manner; and
- Transactions – in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where collected information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We may also share your information, where necessary, to provide a product or service you have requested. Your information may also be sent to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service for us or to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose.
And our cookies policy here.